Wednesday, October 21, 2015


Flowers from a Friend
Oil on Canvas
16" x 20"

I spent an incredible afternoon last week with the daughter of Gerome Kamrowski, an established expressionist artist, a contemporary of Rothko and Jackson Pollack with an incredible inventory of work, some of which was left with his family.  Although I enjoy museums and the art work available to see publicly, having a private tour of his legacy in a home setting, seeing his works up close and sometimes being able to touch them was profoundly inspirational to me.  I appreciate so very much the generosity and hospitality of Cynthia and the final gift of the sunflowers.  I just had to paint them the next day in order to keep in front of me the afternoon of friendship, art and hospitality that I hope to never forget.  Thanks, Cynthia!!    geromekamrowski.org


No comments:

Post a Comment